LG WebOS TV and GNU Emacs
Modern LG TVs with WebOS allow remote control via websockets. Since this is a web technology, you might want to automate this using Node JS . However, if you want a fair balance between scripting and interactive use, Emacs will serve you better.
|Toast (top right) sent from Emacs|
|Completing LG TV commands in Emacs|
- Install package websocket from ELPA.
M-x package-install RET websocket RET
- Download tv.el and pairing.json
- Load tv.el
M-x load-library RET tv RET
- Ensure variable lgtv--pairing-json is pointing to pairing.json file.
- Run M-x lgtv-command
- Enter a command for LG TV. Use TAB for completion.
- Enter a JSON object for command parameter. Leave empty if the command doesn't require a parameter. (Note: Remember to quote the keys in JSON.)